Awesome people, agile engineering, Slack chat, elegant code, autonomous, teams, rapid release cycles, Github, continuous delivery, automation testing, feature switching, brown bag lunches, Hackathons, good coffee.
Corporate BS, politics, fear of failure, bad code, slow delivery, dress down Fridays, bad coffee.
These are some of the roles that we have open at the moment, but if you don’t fit into any of the boxes and feel you can offer us something then you should still get in touch.
Maybe you’re a smart creative type who knows you can do great things but haven’t quite found your niche? We like anyone who pushes boundaries and can think outside the box.
To apply contact us now: email@example.com
Job Title: BI Engineer
The BI team at Bede Gaming is responsible for driving forward the Data Warehouse implementation and associated analytics tools. This covers:
● ETL building and maintenance
● Data warehouse schema design
● Working with enterprise messaging
● Data warehouse performance tuning
● Cube design
We use Pentaho Data Integration for ETL and Pentaho BA server – self service BI solution based on Mondrian, SQL Server as a databas eengine.Candidates must be comfortable with OLAP terms and concepts, and have experience of an existing BI suite, though not necessarily Pentaho. We’re looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in data warehousing and database development to join our growing BI team.
● Designing and testing ETL processes using Pentaho Data Integration
● Designing and performance tuning Enterprise Data Warehouse and cube schema
● Working with business users to improve analytics toolset
● Assisting business users with generating self service reports
● Thorough understanding of SQL
● Experience working with ETL processes (any off the shelf solutions)
● Ability to interpret complex business requirements
● Experience working with Pentaho
● Experience tuning SQL Server
● Demonstrable experience with OLAP concepts & MDX
● Understanding of DataVault pattern
● Experience with Near Real Time Reporting
● Experience in working with Multi Terabyte Data Warehouse projects
● Understanding of Agile approaches to project management
● Experience with Brokered Messaging
Job Title: Information Security Officer
This is the single most exciting Information Security role in the North East of England. Bede Gaming is a leading supplier of technology to the gambling sector, with a cutting edge technology stack. Built on a mix of deployment platforms and frameworks, spanning Windows, Linux, a number of database systems – both relational and NoSql, enterprise messaging and web service integrations. The platform is deployed onto a mix of cloud and collocated infrastructure.
Bede Gaming provides a fully managed service to our customers, responsible for securing the data of millions of players across the EU. Operating in a highly regulated environment, ensuring integrity and compliance presents an incredible challenge for Bede’s Compliance and Security teams. Bede is seeking an exceptionally dynamic individual to join the business in the role of Information Security Officer (ISO). You will have extensive experience working in the intenet security space, and have a deep interest in the evolving threat landscape impacting financial B2C web properties.
Under the general direction of the CTO, the ISO is responsible for continuous improvement and implementation of Bede’s Information Security Management System (ISMS), designed to comply with ISO 27001. The scope of this system covers both the organisation’s physical information landscape and its online estate, covering in the region of 1000 servers. The ISMS’s purpose is to ensure that the data of the organisation and the data held on behalf of partner organisations remains safe from unauthorised access or disclosure.
● Information Security leader
Lead Bede’s Information Security function, evangelising the benefits of security across the organisation by working closely with all areas of the business to ensure information security is foremost in their thinking. Influence and act as SME to the Exec, through the CTO, building support for the Information Security programme. Work with product development teams to embed security concerns as part of Bede’s SDLC. Represent Bede to external bodies, customers, prospects and partners on all matters relating to information security and general IT due diligence.
Work closely with the Service Delivery team to promote automation of provisioning and monitoring of security aspects throughout Bede’s IT estate and facilities. Develop appropriate ISMS reporting mechanisms to provide on demand, data rich content.
Coordinate the development of Bede’s ISMS framework, standards and procedures. Work with key business departments, asset owners and governance colleagues in the development of such policies. Ensure that Bede’s policies support compliance with external requirements. Oversee the dissemination of policies, standards and procedures to employees.
● Education & Training
Coordinate the development and delivery of an education and training programme for employees and other authorised users to stay abreast of information security best practice and Bede’s policies in particular.
● Incident Response
Working with Bede’s Service Delivery Manager, develop and implement and Cyber Incident Response Plan and Reporting Framework to address security incidents or complaints from external parties. Serve as the company’s primary contact point for information security and privacy incidents.
● Risk Assessment & Incident Prevention
Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment programme targeting information security and privacy matters; recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and oversee vulnerability testing.
● Thorough understanding of essential internet concepts (HTTP, SSL, TCP networks, OAUTH)
● Experience working in the security team of an ISO 27001 organisation
● 5+ years information security experience
● Excellent communication skills, able to influence at Exec level
● Excellent writing skills, able to author and review policy documentation
● Experience defending webscale internet properties against distributed brute force attacks, DDOS and OWASP top 10 threats
● Understanding of cloud computing concepts & automation at scale
● Relevant security management qualifications such as CISM
● ISO 27001 lead auditor or implementer qualification
Reports to: CTO
Direct reports: Information Security Analyst
Job Title: Software Engineer (full stack)
We are an innovative software company who produce awesome casino and bingo gaming content in an agile manner and using best practice techniques and approaches.The current team is a good mix of graduate, through to senior level software engineers. We are looking for people at all levels of experience who can display a well rounded and broad approach to their use of technologies on both the front and backend. We want people who are passionate about producing good quality code and keen to contribute positively to the productive and fun working environment we’ve established at Bede.
Things we’re looking for:
● Asp.net, MVC and Web API Razor
● Design and optimisation of SQL Server Databases
● Dependency Injection (Ideally autofac)
● Unit Testing (Ideally Nunit)
● Version Control (Ideally Git)
● Creation and use of a RESTful interface (Web API)
● Some exposure to front end frameworks backbone, angular etc
● Experience with Azure web services
● Experience of working in a Continuous Deployment Setting
● Familiarity with TeamCity, or even Octopus Deploy
● Experience of working in an Agile process using SCRUM techniques.
Job Title: CRM & Client Relationship Executive
We are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic CRM & Client Relationship Executive to
join our growing Managed Services team. This individual will play a key role in providing an
excellent level of customer service to Bede clients and delivering successful CRM campaigns
and great onsite experiences for players.
The successful candidate will be guided by the CRM Manager and be responsible for executing
CRM campaigns and updating site content for Bede Clients. They will also serve as the day to
day contact for some assigned clients responding to queries via email and Skype in a timely
manner. Other client related duties will include issuing relevant release notes and creating (and
maintaining) the new Bede Client Areas that will provide a valuable resource for clients looking
to access important information and assets.
We’re looking for a highly organised individual who understands the importance of delivering a
great level of customer satisfaction, and has excellent copywriting skills and prior experience in
CRM or other relevant marketing field.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for a candidate looking to develop client engagement
and relationship skills and play a crucial role in the newly formed Bede Managed Services team.
Key Skills and Experience:
● Degree level qualification
● 2 years plus in similar role
● Good understanding of online marketing and CRM
● HTML experience
● Excellent communication skills
● Enthusiastic, self-motivated team worker
● Excellent English language skills
● Professional work ethic
● Ability to multi-task
● Industry experience preferred
● Creating emails – using and amending HTML templates (with support from the CRM Manager in terms of campaign planning)
● Setting up promotions and bonuses
● Building target group segmentation using database criteria
● Communicating CRM activities to VIP, Customer Support and Chat Moderator teams
● Adding site content (including new Games Content, unique content for SEO benefit)
● Testing new sites before released to Clients
● Communicating release notes to Clients
● Taking ownership of the creation of new Client Areas and updating with any relevant information
● Responding to client queries via email and Skype
● Checking status update of service tickets for clients and communicating feedback to them
● Assisting CRM Manager with reporting duties including site performance
Job Title: Account Manager
Reports to: Head of Managed Services
We are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Account Manager to join our Managed Services
team. This individual will play a key role in developing long term strategic relationships with Bede clients,
ensuring that an excellent Bede client experience is delivered through the successful delivery of our
software and services.
You will serve as the primary business contact for your assigned clients and will work collaboratively with
both the client and other members of the Bede team to ensure that maximum value is achieved from the
Bede Software Platform.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team and be a driven, highly organised individual
who thrives in working in a fast paced environment and understands the importance of delivering a high
level of customer satisfaction, and ensuring that client expectations are met at all times.
● Operate as the main point of contact for all matters relating to your clients
● Develop and nurture strong customer relationships
● Work closely with other Bede teams in order to ensure the timely and successful delivery of projects
● Communicate clearly the progress of all project and support issues to clients
● Provide regular updates to the team on client feedback, and the objectives and aims of the client
● Understand the products and services provided by Bede, and effectively communicates all offerings
to the client (including new roadmap features)
● Report to the Head of Managed Services, provide regular input on all account activity and status.
● Deliver an excellent Bede client experience
Education, skills, experience:
● Proven account management or other relevant experience
● Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation
● Experience in delivering client focused solutions based on customer needs
● Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
● Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills
● High level of initiative and the ability to work well in a team environment
● The ability to handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well
● Minimum 2 years experience in sales, account management or product marketing
● Good planning and analytical skills
● Good communication and coordination skills
● Ability to build relationships with client teams who make or influence strategic decisions, including directors, senior managers, product owners and project managers
● Have an understanding and experience in digital marketing
● Ability to research, problem solve and present solutions
● Recognise customer business problems and drive resources to address opportunities
● Great at client handling and communications
● Strong attention to detail
● Ability to understand and relay technical information
● Degree or equivalent
● Technical knowledge and an understanding of the gaming industry
An artist, a former weapons engineer and an astrophysics graduate are among the team to have joined fast-growing Bede Gaming recently. All sorts of exciting paths have been taken to join Bede Gaming and add to our exciting company dynamic and culture. Read more about our talented team…
Originally a teacher specialising in media and games design, Steve decided to change career paths and join the exciting team at Bede! “Although I thoroughly enjoyed teaching, after several years in the profession I feared to become complacent, I wanted to push myself and sought a fresh, exciting challenge. Bede provided me with the opportunity to develop and apply my existing skillset and experience in a new role and dynamic industry. Bede are a company who actively encourage you to explore your interests, learn and grow. With a ‘give it ago’ and ‘don't be afraid to fail’ mentality ingrained throughout the business, it made a potentially scary career move into an exciting and empowering one.”
Formerly a QA Tester and Level Designer working on creating Lego computer games Liam had his eye on Bede for a while and spotted a vacancy for a Games Designer on our website. “It’s a very mature atmosphere, you are given the freedom to do your own work and expand your skillset. There is always someone around to help you improve an area that you wish to learn. Plus the freebies are awesome!” Outside of work Liam likes to get punched in the face for fun (yes really!) he regularly takes part in charity boxing tournaments raising money for local good causes in the North East. Watch out Rocky Balboa!
Sarah Denholm was snapped up by Bede as one of our Delivery Managers. Previously a project manager, Sarah in the past has managed the delivery of artwork for new films at VUE cinemas. Outside of work Sarah is an aspiring dressage rider and we hope to see Sarah representing for team GB one day! “I love working for Bede as they love to bring new ideas to life and be one step ahead within the market. There are so many opportunities within the company to further develop skills and expertise in all areas”.
Amila Prabandhika, relocated from Malaysia after gaining a bachelor’s degree in artificial intelligence and then went on to do a master’s degree in advanced computer science in Newcastle where he was snapped up by Bede Gaming. Amila works as one of Bede’s .Net Developers, “Bede is the best place to work in the North East as the technology culture is to always keep updating. This means developers get an excellent chance to find out how new technologies will benefit various platforms.”